Hill Farms Residents
All residents of the Hill Farms neighborhood are invited to become members of our neighborhood association and join in our activities.
The annual $10 fee (per household) supports the following neighborhood activities:
- University Hill Farms Newsletter (published quarterly)
- The current edition of the University Hill Farms Neighborhood Directory
- July 4th Parade and Picnic (food, beverages, entertainment and prizes are provided)
- Neighborhood Garage Sale
- Halloween Parade and Party (food and beverages are provided)
- Santa Visits (treats are provided to children age 10 and under)
- The right to vote in Hill Farms Neighborhood Association elections
- Access to the Hill Farms Neighborhood Facebook group
The annual membership drive takes place in September. If you are not contacted by late-September, please complete the Membership Form and send it to Marilyn Howell, 4805 South Hill Dr, 53705. She can also be reached at email@example.com. Details and instructions for the form are available on our Directory web page.
Annual memberships always take effect beginning November 1. See the bylaws for further details on membership and dues.
We are accept PayPal payments for those who prefer to pay their membership dues online. Visit our Online Payment page for details.
Are you new to the Hill Farms neighborhood? As our welcome, new residents who move in after November 1 can enjoy the benefits of membership without paying dues until the next fall membership drive!
We encourage all new residents to subscribe to our email list and to join our Facebook group for helpful notices and discussion. When signing up as a new resident, please send a quick email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and address so that we can match the request to your household.
In addition to regular members, the Association has a class of members called “Associate members”. The following persons are eligible to be Associate members:
- All residents in the University Hill Farms Planning Area Boundaries prepared by the City of Madison Planning Division, June 2012 (adopted as part of City Council Resolution RES-12-00560, effective July 24, 2012), who live outside of the boundaries of the Association as defined in Article 1, Section 1 of the By Laws.
- Former residents of the neighborhood, as defined in the By Laws, who were members of the Association but have since moved out of the neighborhood.
- Past or present elected public officials representing all or part of the neighborhood.
Associate members pay membership dues in the same amount and on the same schedule as regular members. Associate members may participate in the activities of the Association on the same basis as regular members.
Associate members, however, have no vote on any matter before the Association and are not eligible to be elected as directors or officers of the Association. They may serve on any Association committee.